If you want to look for the world’s rarest big cat, then Ladakh must be on the top of your list. At Hemis National Park you can encounter the enigma of the snow, the elusive Snow Leopard. Our guides are expert at discerning the location of the predator from the footprints, scats and other indicators and will leave no stone unturned to stage the sighting for you. Besides the Leopard, we will also come across many other Himalayan species such as the Bharal or the Blue Sheep, Ladakh Pika, Himalayan Wolf, and Urial to name a few. Many rare species of birds like Himalayan snowcock, Lammergeier, Himalayan Griffon and many more can be spotted as well.
This tour requires a very high level of fitness as it will include physical activities like trekking in high altitudes.
Along with the Snow Leopard, you can also indulge in some sightseeing, including a tour of the local markets that are flooded with traditional cuisines, clothing and other accessories. These markets sell many Indian and continental items. A variety of items like pearls, corals, and other accessories can be found in these markets.
||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.
|2 days cruise
- One of the very few tours to offer a realistic chance of seeing Snow Leopard.
- The ancient kingdom of Ladakh, Buddhist monasteries and mud palaces.
- Unique flora and fauna or the Trans-Himalayan region.
- Spectacular trans-Himalayan flights to and from Leh.
- Enjoy traditional Ladakhi culture and hospitality.