Texel is the largest island in the Frisian region of the Netherlands. Surrounded by nature, the quaint villages of Texel all have their own atmosphere, each with a rich history.
In addition, Texel has a wealth of biodiversity. Not only is it a famous resting place for many birds during the migration season, but the island is also home to several rare plants.
Texel is a paradise for birdwatchers and photographers of all skill levels and interests!
You will be met by our representative at a common point in Amsterdam and transferred to Texel island. Texel is the largest island in the Frisian region, with many nature reserves and seven quaint villages surrounded by nature.
Texel is a hotspot for birders.
We have six full days to explore the birds of Texel with a guide.
It is a famous resting place for many birds during the migration season, but the island is also home to resident birds such as terns, gulls, godwits, oystercatchers, redshanks, Greylag Geese, etc.
In winter, Texel is famously known as a resting spot for thousands of Brant Geese.
Other specialties of Texel include Eurasian Spoonbill, Eider, Sandwich Tern, Arctic Tern, Common Scoter, Red-Breasted Merganser, Short-eared Owl, Ruff, Bluethroat, Hen Harrier, and Western Marsh Harrier.
Besides birding, Texel is a great place to explore. Quaint villages, scenic beaches, and rich history make for great value additional experiences for your birding visit.
Enjoy the morning in Texel.
Later we will proceed to Amsterdam where you will be dropped for your onward or return journey.
- Texel is the largest island of the Frisian Islands (or the Wadden Islands) of the Netherlands.
- Texel is extremely tourist-friendly, with many facilities to make any guest’s visit as comfortable and hassle-free as possible.
- Texel is home to rich biodiversity, including rare flora and a wealth of birds, both resident and migratory
- Nature on and around Texel is unique. Nowhere else will you find so many landscapes on such a limited surface as on Texel, including dune areas, deciduous and pine forests, mudflats and salt marshes, meadows, and farmland.
- Texel has around 40 spectacular nature reserves, we can explore each one on foot or by bike.
- Texel is conveniently on bird migratory routes, and, as an island, an ideal place for them to layover or to breed. Many birds dislike flying over the open sea and in their yearly migration. Texel is a perfect place to refuel on this exhausting journey.
- Besides birding, Texel is a great place to explore. Quaint villages, scenic beaches, and rich history make for great value additional experiences for your birding visit.
- Around 30km of beaches surround Texel, making for scenic views and relaxing spots
- Texel has a rich history. The first traces of humans on the island date back to the 8000-4500 B.C.
- There are seven villages on Texel, each with its own character and looks. Every single one of them is well worth a visit!
- Accommodation for 07 Days in Texel Breakfast at all places
- Dedicated birding guide for the entire tour Dedicated transport for the entire tour (Ex-Amsterdam) | All Taxes